The taco stands don’t lie! I love all tacos, but Fry Bread tacos are at the top of the list! ❤️Chicken, beef, pork, fish shrimp, the possibilities are endless! Putting my Kitchenatic’s products to good use!
Ancho Chicken Fry Bread Tacos
Servings: 5 Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- Fry Bread:
- 4 cups Flour
- 2 Tablespoons Baking Powder
- 2 teaspoons Salt
- Pinch of Sugar
- 2 cups warm Water
- 3 cups leftover Chicken; shredded
- 1 can Green Chiles
- 1 Tablespoon Ancho Chile Powder
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup Tomato; cored and sliced
- 1/2 cup Red Onion; chopped
- 2 cups Lettuce; shredded
- 1/2 cup Cheese
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- (Or literally any toppings you love!)
- Combine all of the dry fry bread ingredients in a large bowl and mix thoroughly. Slowly pour in water while mixing with a fork until a slightly tacky dough forms.
- Discard any remaining water and knead inside the bowl until it pulls away from the sides. Cover and allow to rest for 30 minutes.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and add a drizzle of olive oil. Sauté the chicken ingredients until well incorporated and heated through. Reduce heat to low and cover, simmering until the fry bread is done cooking.
- Preheat large skillet over medium-high heat and add 1-1/2” of oil. Once oil is hot enough to fry, form 2” dough balls and stretch with your hands until thin. Place in hot oil and fry for 1-2 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- Top with meat, cheese and other toppings of choice.
Looking for a side dish? Try one of these recipes!