The taco stands don’t lie! I love all tacos, but Fry Bread tacos are at the top of the list! ❤️Chicken, beef, pork, fish shrimp, the possibilities are endless! Putting my Kitchenatic’s products to good use!
Ancho Chicken Fry Bread Tacos
• 4 cups Flour
• 2 Tablespoons Baking Powder
• 2 teaspoons Salt
• Pinch of Sugar
• 2 cups warm Water
• 3 cups leftover Ancho Chicken; shredded
• 1/2 cup Tomato; cored and sliced
• 1/2 cup Red Onion; chopped
• 2 cups Lettuce; shredded
• 1/2 cup Cheese
• 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- Combine all of the dry ingredients in a large bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Slowly pour in water while mixing with a fork until a slightly tacky dough forms.
- Discard any remaining water and knead inside the bowl until it pulls away from the sides. Cover and allow to rest for 30 minutes.
- Preheat large skillet over medium high heat and add 1/2” of oil.
- Once oil is hot enough to fry, form 2” dough balls and stretch with your hands until thin. Place in hot oil and fry for 1-2 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- Top with meat, cheese and other toppings of choice.
Looking for a side dish? Try one of these!