I have no idea how traditional it is, but it’s the closest to restaurant style Mexican rice I’ve come. It’s so simple and quick to make! If you can’t stand cilantro you can use parsley.
- 1 cup Medium Grain Rice
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 cup Chicken Broth
- 1 cup Cantina Style Salsa
- squeeze of Lime Juice (about ½ teaspoon)
- Pinch of Salt
- Heat a Dutch Oven or pot over medium-high heat and add the butter. Once melted, pour in the rice and stir until golden brown. Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Reducing the heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes or until all of the liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from heat and fluff with a fork. Put the lid back on so it stays hot until ready to serve.
Looking for a main dish? Try one of these recipes!