Holy wow! The fry bread came out amazingly! Crispy on the outside and soft and fluffy on the inside! ❤️ I was reluctant to experiment with fry bread using an air fryer instead of a deep fat fryer, but it turned out brilliantly! They made for some great Fry Bread Tacos!
Air Fryer Fry Bread
• 1 dry yeast packet (2 1/4 tsp)
• 1 1/2 tsp sugar
• 1/4 C warm water
• 1 C milk
• 1/4 C butter
• 4 1/4 C gluten free all-purpose flour
• 1 tsp salt
• 1 large egg, beaten
• 2 tbsp oil
1. Combine yeast, sugar and warm water (110°f) to small bowl and whisk vigorously; rest 10 minutes.
2. In sauce pan, heat milk and butter until hot, do not boil! Allow to cool to Luke warm.
3. In stand mixer combine gluten free flour and salt. Create a well and add in egg, oil and yeast mixture. Start the mixer on the slowest setting and incorporate warm milk mixture gradually.
4. Up the speed of the mixer and cover with a towel until the dough ball has formed and is no longer sticking to the edge of the mixing bowl.
5. Dump into greased bowl and cover with a kitchen towel. Let rise 1 hour.
6. Divide into 8 equal dough balls and use a rolling pin to roll them flat. Allow to rise for an addition hour.
7. Preheat Air Fryer to 360°.
8. Brush both sides with oil and place in air fryer. Cook for 3-4 min per side.
9. Top with taco toppings or powdered sugar and enjoy!