Holy wow! The fry bread came out amazingly! Crispy on the outside and soft and fluffy on the inside! ❤️ I was reluctant to experiment with fry bread using an air fryer instead of a deep fat fryer, but it turned out brilliantly! They made for some great Fry Bread Tacos!
Air Fryer Fry Bread
- 1 dry Yeast Packet (2 1/4 tsp)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Sugar
- 1/4 cup Water (heated to 110°F)
- 1 cup Milk
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 4 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 large Egg
- 2 Tablespoons Oil
- Combine the yeast, sugar and warm water in a small bowl and whisk vigorously. Allow 10 minutes for the mixture to bloom.
- Meanwhile, heat the milk and butter over medium heat, do not boil! Remove from heat and cover.
- In a stand mixer, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Create a well in the center and add the egg, oil and yeast mixture. Start the mixer on the lowest speed setting and slowly pour in the milk mixture. Once combined, turn the dough out on a floured surface and knead briefly. Divide into 9 dough balls and use a rolling pin to roll them flat. Cover with a floured towel and let them rest for 10 minutes.
- Preheat Air Fryer to 370°F.
- Brush both sides of the fry bread with oil and air fry for 5 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Top with taco meat or powdered sugar and enjoy!