Holy wow! The fry bread came out amazingly! Crispy on the outside and soft and fluffy on the inside! ❤️ This recipe is beautiful in its simplicity. It’s a delicious bread that can be made with pantry staples!
• 4 cups Flour
• 2 Tablespoons Baking Powder
• 2 teaspoons Salt
• Pinch of Sugar
• 2 cups warm Water
- Combine all of the dry ingredients in a large bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Slowly pour in water while mixing with a fork until a slightly tacky dough forms.
- Discard any remaining water and knead inside the bowl until it pulls away from the sides. Cover and allow to rest for 30 minutes.
- Preheat large skillet over medium high heat and add 1/2” of oil.
- Once oil is hot enough to fry, form 2” dough balls and stretch with your hands until thin. Place in hot oil and fry for 1-2 minutes per side or until golden brown.
Looking for a side dish? Try one of these recipes!