Holy wow! The fry bread came out amazingly! Crispy on the outside and soft and fluffy on the inside! This recipe is beautiful in its simplicity. It’s a delicious bread that can be made with pantry staples. They’re perfect for Fry Bread Tacos!
- 4 cups Flour
- 2 Tablespoons Baking Powder
- 2 teaspoons Salt
- Pinch of Sugar
- 2 cups warm Water
- Combine all of the dry ingredients in a large bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Slowly pour in water while mixing with a fork until a slightly tacky dough forms.
- Discard any remaining water and knead the dough inside the bowl until it pulls away from the sides. Cover and allow to rest for 15 minutes.
- Preheat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add 1/2” of oil.
- Once the oil is hot enough to fry, form 2” dough balls and stretch with your hands until thin. Place in the hot oil and fry for 1-2 minutes per side until golden brown.
- Serve with Guacamole, Salsa or make Fry Bread Tacos.
Looking for a main dish? Try one of these recipes!