Another one pot meal! Baked Ricotta Chicken Primavera. So many delicious herbs and veggies!
Baked Ricotta Chicken Primavera
• 3 large Chicken Breasts
• 1 large Zucchini; half sliced & half chopped
• 1 large Yellow Squash; half slice & half chopped
• 2 large tomatoes; cored, half sliced and half chopped
• 1 large Red Onion; half slice and half chopped
• 2 cups Marinara
• 2 cups Ricotta Cheese
• 1 large Egg; whisked
• 1 teaspoon Italian Herbs
• 1/2 teaspoon Basil
• 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
• Salt and Pepper to taste
• drizzle of Olive Oil
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. In a large skillet or dish, spread out half of the marinara so it covers the bottom.
3. In a small bowl, combine ricotta, egg, herbs, salt and pepper; mixing thoroughly and spread over marinara.
3. Add the chopped veggies over top of the ricotta and add the remaining marinara.
4. Slice 5 deep cuts in each chicken breast, making sure not to cut all the way through then season with salt and pepper.
5. Place one slice of each of the vegetables inside of each cut. Place over marinara and slice into preheated oven.
6. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F and the juices run clear.
Looking for a side dish? Try one of these!