This makes a whopping 16 large knots, so halving the recipe would be beneficial if you didn’t want that many. You can also freeze the dough before the first proof.
Parmesan Herb Garlic Knots
- In bowl, whisk water, sugar and yeast together until frothy. Let bloom for 10 minutes.
- In mixer, combine flour and salt. Create a well in the center and pour in yeast mixture. On medium speed, mix ingredients; slowly drizzling in oil until combined and sticking to the dough hook.
- Turn out on to floured surface and knead lightly and form into a ball. Put in a large, greased bowl and cover with towel or plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place for 1 hour.
- Once doubled in size, punch down and turn out onto floured surface. Cut into 16 even portions and form into a balls. Roll each dough ball into a rope and tie it in a knot. Cover with a damp kitchen towel and rise for an additional 40 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a bowl, combine melted butter, cheese, herbs and salt.
- Place the knots on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and brush with half of the butter mixture. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and brush with remaining butter mixture. Serve warm with marinara or alfredo sauce!
Looking for a main dish? Try one of these recipes!
7 thoughts on “Parmesan Herb Garlic Knots”