This is a stellar appetizer for game day, holidays or get togethers. It’s savory, creamy and packed full of flavor! The cream cheese really adds to the texture and richness, but if you’re not a fan, goat cheese makes an amazing substitution. You can also add different minced vegetables with great results. My personal favorites are zucchini and tomatoes.
Cheese & Wild Rice Stuffed Mushrooms
Servings: 6 Cooking Time: 15 Minutes
- 6 large Mushrooms
- 1/2 cup Wild Rice; cooked
- 1/2 cup Cream Cheese; softened
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Onion Powder
- Pinch of Italian Herbs
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 cup Italian Breadcrumbs
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Remove the stems of each mushroom, then drizzle them with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place on a cast iron skillet or baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, combine the wild rice, cream cheese and seasonings. Mix thoroughly and set aside.
- Heat a small skillet over medium heat and add the butter. Once melted, add the breadcrumbs and stir until lightly golden brown.
- Fill each of the mushrooms with the cream cheese mixture and top with the breadcrumbs and cheddar. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the mushrooms are tender and the topping is golden brown and bubbling.
Looking for a main dish? Try one of these recipes!