Homemade Ricotta Cheese is so simple with an InstaPot! And even the stovetop version is so much easier than you’d think. And it cheaper, more flavorful and so much fun to make! You can also add in herbs, spices and seasonings to amp up the flavor! Pesto is a favorite of mine, for sure!
- 1/2 gallon Whole Milk
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 1/3 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- Pinch of Salt
- Herbs of choice
- Add the milk and cream to InstaPot and press the Yogurt Feature.
- Heat to 180°F, making sure not to boil or scorch. Turn off the InstaPot and add in the vinegar, salt and herbs.
- Add the lid and allow the cheese to rest for 20 minutes before scooping it into a cheesecloth lined strainer. NOTE: You can save the whey to make bread or sauces.
- Bring the ends of the cheesecloth together and secure with kitchen twine. Hang the cheese over a pot for between 10 and 60 minutes to drain. The longer it drains, the firmer it is. Firmer cheeses are great for stuffed pasta dishes and on top of pizzas. Softer cheese is perfect for spreading over toasted breads. Pack the cheese into a mason jar and store in the fridge or serve warm immediately.
Looking for a main dish? Try one of these recipes!