I made way too much Bacon Cheeseburger Soup last night. So I topped it with tater tots and more cheese. ❤️ Voila, Bacon Burger Tater Tot Casserole. The leftovers freeze pretty well so I’ll have 5 or 6 meals ready to go. 💕
Bacon Burger Tater Tot Casserole
Servings: 6 Cooking Time: 1 Hour
- 3 pounds Ground Beef
- 1 cup Red Onion; chopped
- 1 cups Potato; peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup Carrot; chopped
- 1 large Tomato; cored and chopped
- 1 cup Bacon Crumbles
- 3 1/2 cups Cheddar Cheese; divided
- 1 cup Parmesan Cheese; divided
- 1 1/2 cups Heavy Cream
- 3 cups Beef Broth
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic Powder
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 3 cups Penne Pasta; cooked
- 4 cups frozen Tater Tots
- Add 1” of water to a medium pot and place a steamer basket inside. Add the potatoes and carrots, then steam on Medium-High until tender; about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add the beef to a large pot and brown over Medium heat. Drain and add the onions and garlic to the pot, sautéing until tender. Add the bacon crumbles, tomatoes, steamed vegetables, heavy cream, broth, half of the cheese, pasta and seasonings. Cover and cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Scoop into a large baking dish and top with tater tots and remaining cheese. Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes. Uncovered and bake for an additional 8 minutes.