Amidst the doom and gloom, there’s a glimmer of happiness! Look what finally arrived! In celebration, I made one of my favorite dishes from my new book. I didn’t have any fresh basil, so I used homemade Pesto instead. Served with Fondant Potatoes, Garlic Herb Flatbread and a light salad! Pretty sure if I ate it outside it’d be considered Smoked Caprese Chicken.
- 3 large Chicken Breasts
- 2 large Tomatoes, sliced
- 1 fresh Mozzarella Ball; sliced
- 1 cup Fresh Basil Pesto
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups Marinara Sauce
- 1/4 cup Balsamic Vinegar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over both sides of chicken and drizzle with olive oil.
- Spread the marinara in an even layer over the bottom of a baking dish and nestle the chicken over top. Layer the tomato, mozzarella and pesto over the chicken. Cover the baking dish with foil and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for an additional 10 minutes or until the mozzarella is golden brown and the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165°F.
- Drizzle with Balsamic Vinegar and serve.
Looking for a side dish? Try one of these recipes!