I don’t normally doctor up my broccoli and cauliflower. I grew up eating it steamed or raw with Ranch Dressing, but I was craving something creamy. Unfortunately I was out of milk so I had to “cheat”. A can of Cream of Mushroom Soup did the trick nicely and it’s a new favorite of mine! A few simple ingredients and I had a baked veggie side dish even the toddler in attendance wolfed down.
Cauliflower & Broccoli Cheddar Bake
Servings: 4 Cooking Time: 30 Minutes
- 2 cups Broccoli Florets
- 2 cups Cauliflower Florets
- 1/4 cup Onion; chopped
- 10.5 oz Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 10.5 oz Water
- 2 teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Italian Herbs
- 3 cups Cheddar; divided
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Bring a large pot with 1” of water and a steamer basket to a boil. Add the broccoli, cauliflower and onions to the basket, then cover and steam until tender; about 8 minutes. Remove from the heat and vent the lid.
- In a large bowl, whisk the mushroom soup and water until smooth. Stir in the herbs, spices and seasonings, then fold in the vegetables and 1 1/2 cups Cheddar Cheese. Scoop into a baking dish and top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until the cheese is golden brown and bubbling at the edges. Allow to cool for 5 minutes.
Looking for a Main Dish? Try one of these recipes!