More pantry pilfering! 🤣 Delicious Taco Casserole! 💕❤️ 🌮 Used up the last of my ground beef, but it was definitely worth it!
Pilfered Pantry Taco Casserole
• 1 pound Ground Beef
• 1 large Tomato; chopped
• 1 large Garlic Clove; minced
• 1 cup Red Onion; chopped
• 1 cup Radish; chopped
• 1/4 cup Taco Seasoning Mixture
• 1 can Refried Beans
• 1 cup Sour Cream
• 3 cups Rice; cooked
• 2 tablespoons Cilantro
• 1/2 cup Cantina Salsa
• 2/3 cup Red Enchilada Sauce
• 12 medium Corn Tortillas
• 1 can Creamed Corn
• 2 cups Mexican blend cheese
• 1/4 cup Pickled Red Onion; chopped
• 2 tablespoons pickled Jalapeños; chopped
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat and add onions and a splash of oil. Cook until tender and add garlic and beef. Sauté until the beef is cooked through then add in tomatoes and radishes. Add in taco seasoning and reduce heat to low, then cover, cooking for an additional 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan over medium heat, mix the beans and sour cream. Cook until heated through and remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked rice, salsa and cilantro; mixing well.
- Set out your ingredients and ladle 1/3 of the enchilada sauce into the bottom of a baking dish. Lay 4 tortillas over top and add bean mixture, beef mixture, creamed corn, rice, pickled onion, jalapeño and cheese over top. Repeat until all of the ingredients are gone.
- Preheat oven to 350° F and cover baking dish with foil. Bake for 30 minutes, then remove the foil and bake an additional 10-12 minutes or until cheese is golden brown and bubbly.
- Enjoy with chips, slaw or beans and rice!
Looking for a side dish? Try one of these recipes!