More pantry pilfering! This time it’s a delicious Taco Casserole! You can substitute chicken or turkey for beef with great results.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat and add onions and a splash of oil. Cook until tender and add garlic and beef. Sauté until the beef is cooked through then add in tomatoes and radishes. Add in taco seasoning and reduce heat to low, then cover, cooking for an additional 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan over medium heat, mix the beans and sour cream. Cook until heated through and remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked rice, salsa and cilantro; mixing well.
- Set out your ingredients and ladle ⅓ of the enchilada sauce into the bottom of a baking dish. Lay 4 tortillas over top and add bean mixture, beef mixture, creamed corn, rice, pickled onion, jalapeño and cheese over top. Repeat until all of the ingredients are gone.
- Preheat oven to 350° F and cover baking dish with foil. Bake for 30 minutes, then remove the foil and bake an additional 10-12 minutes or until cheese is golden brown and bubbly.
- Enjoy with chips, slaw or beans and rice!
Looking for a side dish? Try one of these recipes!