Homemade Enchilada sauce makes all the difference in your dishes! The flavors are richer and it just tastes so much fresher. I definitely recommend making your own.
Red Enchilada Sauce
• 3 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
• 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
• 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
• 2 Tablespoons Flour
• 1 Tablespoon Chili Powder
• 1 teaspoon Cayenne
• 1/2 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
• 1/4 teaspoon Cumin
• 1/2 teaspoon Mexican Oregano
• 2 Tablespoons Tomato Paste
• 2 cups Chicken Bone Broth
• 1 Tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
• Splash of Hot Sauce (i.e. Cholula)
• Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Heat oil in large cast iron skillet over medium high heat then add in spices and seasoning; stir continually until fragrant.
2. Whisk in flour and Tomato Paste, cooking for 2-3 minutes to get rid of the raw flour taste.
3. Add in broth, vinegar and hot sauce; whisking until thickened. Reduce heat to low and cover.
4. Cook for 20 minutes; allowing the flavors to marry.
5. Use in Enchiladas, tacos, burritos or over chicken!
Looking for a main dish? Try one of these!