Chicken Pot Pie is such an amazing winter dish! It’s warm, rich and so inviting! I make it several times a month and just can’t get enough of it! These tiny servings are so cute and convenient! Be sure that your mugs are oven safe beforehand.
Individual Chicken Pot Pie
• 2 large Chicken Breasts; cooked and cubed
• 3 Celery stalks; chopped
• 1 medium Onion, diced
• 1 large Carrot; chopped
• 2 cloves Garlic; finely minced
• 1 large Russet Potato; peeled and cubed
• 1 Tablespoon fresh Rosemary; chopped
• 1 teaspoon fresh Thyme
• 1/4 cup Flour
• 1/4 cup Bacon Grease
• 1 cup each Milk and Chicken Broth
• 1 sheet of Puff Pastry Dough
- Add bacon grease to Dutch Oven heated over medium heat. Add in vegetables and cook until onions are tender. Add chicken and cook through. Slice open the largest piece and make sure it’s no longer pink in the center. You can also use a meat thermometer to ensure it’s reached 165°F.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Add the flour to the filling mixture and cook 3-5 minutes, mixing to coat. Add in the milk and broth, whisking constantly until thickened. Remove from heat.
- Add the filling mixture to 5 mugs, leaving 1 inch of space at the top, then gently place puff pastry over top.
- Bake on the center rack for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Looking for a side dish? Try one of these recipes!