• 1 1/4 Cup Flour (gluten free mix or A/P)
• 1/2 teaspoon Salt
• 1 stick of butter
• 6 Tablespoons ice water
• 5 Tablespoons frozen butter
1. Place all ingredients in the fridge or freezer until cold. Only remove ingredients as needed!
2. Sift flour and salt into chilled bowl and cut in frozen butter or grate (little easier).
3. Slowly drizzle in cold water, mixing until it forms a dough and doesn’t crumble.
4. Form dough into a 5” square and wrap in plastic wrap. Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes or freezer for 10 minutes.
5. Remove dough and roll into a 9×15” sheet on a floured surface. Slice sheets of butter from stick and form a layer over half the dough sheet. Fold the side without butter over the side that does.
6. Using a rolling pin, roll out until flat. Cover and chill 10 minutes.
7. Remove from fridge and fold over again; rolling it back to 9×15”.
8. Repeat twice more; “laminating” thoroughly.
9. Flour the top of the dough and fold in thirds. Wrap in plastic and chill in fridge for at least 30 minutes.
Looking for a side dish? Try one of these!