• 1 1/4 Cup Flour
• 1/2 teaspoon Salt
• 1 stick of butter
• 6 Tablespoons ice water
• 4 Tablespoons frozen butter
- Place all of the ingredients in the fridge or freezer until cold. Only remove ingredients as needed! Sift the flour and salt into a chilled bowl and grate in the stick of the frozen butter using a cheese grater.
- Slowly drizzle in the cold water, mixing until it forms a dough and doesn’t crumble. Form the dough into a 5” square and wrap in plastic wrap. Place back in the freezer for 5 minutes.
- Remove the dough after its thoroughly chilled and pound/roll it into a 9×15” sheet on a floured surface. Grate the last of the butter and form a layer over half the dough sheet.
- Using a chilled rolling pin, roll out until flat. Fold over three times roll out again. Fold into a 5″ square and chill another 10 minutes.
- Roll the dough out to 9×15” once more and fold, wrapping in plastic one last time and placing in the fridge until you’re ready for it.
Looking for a side dish? Try one of these recipes!