- Place all of the ingredients in the fridge or freezer until cold. Only remove ingredients as needed! Sift the flour and salt into a chilled bowl and add the 1 stick of grated butter.
- Slowly drizzle in the cold water, mixing until it forms a dough and doesn’t crumble. Form the dough into a 5” square and wrap in plastic wrap. Place back in the freezer for 5 minutes.
- Remove the dough after its thoroughly chilled and pound/roll it into a 9×15” sheet on a floured surface. Grate the last ½ stick of butter and form an even layer over half of the dough sheet.
- Fold the dough sheet over on itself and, using a chilled rolling pin, roll out until flat. Fold over three times and roll out again. Fold into a 5″ square and chill another 10 minutes.
- Roll the dough out to 9×15” once more and fold, wrapping in plastic one last time and placing in the fridge until you’re ready for it.
Looking for a side dish? Try one of these recipes!