Ever since I first tried Animal Sauce, I can’t have fries without them! It’s so much better than plain ol’ ketchup and mustard. I’ve been known to dip my burgers and chicken sandwiches in it as well. The mayo tempers the sweetness and the relish adds a vinegary tang. Add bacon and caramelized onions to the equation and it can’t be beat!
Copycat Animal Fries
• 1 large Russet Potato; cut and soaked in cold water
• Salt, Pepper and Smoked Paprika to taste
• 1/2 Cup Onion; chopped and caramelized
• 1/2 Cup Cheddar; shredded
• 1/4 Cup Bacon; crumbled
• 1 Cup Mayonnaise
• 1/2 Cup ketchup
• 3 Tablespoons Sweet Relish
• splash of Vinegar
• pinch of Salt
1. Preheat Air Fryer to 350°.
2. Remove potatoes from water and pat dry (very dry!); season with salt, pepper and smoked paprika.
3. Spritz with oil and air fry for 10 minutes, tossing halfway through. Remove from air fryer and set aside.
4. Increase heat to 400° F.
5. In small bowl, mix together Animal Sauce ingredients and store in fridge until needed.
6. Once Air Fryer is preheated add the fries and fry for 7-10 minutes or until golden brown.
7. Plate fries and top with cheddar, Animal Sauce, bacon and caramelized onions.
Looking for a main dish? Try one of these!