Ever since I first tried Animal Sauce, I can’t have fries without them! It’s so much better than plain ol’ ketchup and mustard. I’ve been known to dip my burgers and chicken sandwiches in it as well. The mayo tempers the sweetness and the relish adds a vinegary tang. Add bacon and caramelized onions to the equation and it can’t be beat!
Copycat Animal Fries
• 1 large Russet Potato
• Salt, Pepper and Smoked Paprika to taste
• 1/2 Cup Onion; sliced
• 1/2 Cup Cheddar; shredded
• 1/4 Cup Bacon Crumbles
• 1 Cup Mayonnaise
• 1/2 Cup ketchup
• 3 Tablespoons Sweet Relish
• splash of Vinegar
• pinch of Salt
- Cut fries into strips and cover with cold water, soaking for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a skillet over medium heat and add a drizzle of olive oil. Add the onions and cook until they reach a deep golden brown. Cover and set aside.
- Remove potatoes from the water and dry thoroughly. Sprinkle both sides with salt, pepper and smoked paprika.
- Preheat air fryer to 350°F.
- Place the potatoes on an air fryer rack and spritz lightly with oil. Air fry for 10 minutes, tossing halfway through. Remove the fries and briefly set aside.
- Increase the temperature to 400°F.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix together all of the Animal Sauce ingredients, cover and store in the fridge until needed.
- Once preheated, place the fries back in the air fryer and fry for 7-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Plate the fries and top with cheddar cheese, sauce, bacon and caramelized onions.
Looking for a main dish? Try one of these recipes!