Leftovers night! Repurposed shrimp, chicken thighs and sausage with fresh vegetables and tossed in Cajun spices. Added some steamed, lightly salted Brown Rice with a squeeze of fresh lime juice. Served with a vibrant Romaine salad, air fried mushrooms and Macaroni Salad.
Cajun Shrimp Stir Fry
• 2 cups leftover Shrimp, Chicken or Kielbasa
• 1 Tablespoon Peanut Oil
• 1 large Tomato; seeded and diced
• 1 small Zucchini; diced
• 1 Cup Bell Pepper; diced
• 1 small Onion; diced
• 2 Garlic Cloves; finely minced
• 2 Tablespoons Chicken Broth
• 1 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
• 1 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
• 1 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
• 1/2 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
• 2 teaspoon Salt and Pepper
• 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
• 1 teaspoon Thyme
• 4 cups cooked Rice
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add in the onions, tomato, zucchini and peppers. Sauté until tender, about 7 minutes. Add in seasonings, broth and herbs then stir in shrimp, chicken or sausage.
- Cover and allow to simmer until heated through. Serve over steamed rice.
Looking for a side dish? Try one of these recipes!