9 times out of 10, I don’t even use salad dressing. With the right veggies and protein you can cut the calories without sacrificing any of the flavor. ❤️ 🥗
Grilled Chicken Salad
• 1 large Chicken Breast
• Garlic Powder, Salt and Pepper to taste
• Olive Oil
• 4 slices of Italian Bread; cubed
• 1 medium Beet; peeled and cubed
• 1 cup Broccoli florets
• 1/2 cup Pine Nuts
• 2 slices of Bacon; cooked and chopped
• Olive Oil
• Pinch of Garlic Powder and Salt
• 1/2 cup Tomato; cored and chopped
• 1/2 cup Corn
• 1/2 cup Goat Cheese Crumbles
• 1/2 cup Red Onion; chopped
• 1/2 cup Radish; thinly sliced
• 1/2 cup Cucumber; thinly sliced
• 5 cups Mixed Greens
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and add the bread, beet, broccoli, nuts and bacon. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Place in the oven and bake for 12 minutes or until the beets are tender and the croutons are golden brown. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Season the chicken breast with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Heat a skillet over medium-high heat and sear the chicken breast. Place the skillet in the oven and bake until the chicken’s internal temperature reaches 165°F. Remove from the oven and rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Place the greens and all the toppings in a large salad bowl. Toss and add dressing if you’d like. Top with chicken and serve.
Looking for a main dish? Try one of these recipes!