Day 4 of my 8 week #pantrychallenge and I’ve already strayed from the menu. But they’re more like guidelines, right? I really wanted Buffalo Wings, but the rules of the challenge and my wallet say no. I did have some chicken drumsticks in my freezer, though! They turned out crispy and delicious! Half Buffalo Drums, half BBQ. I also made some Onion Rings to go with them. I love them beer battered, but alas, no beer in the fridge (currently accepting donations ) but I did have some Sprite. It worked great!! I served everything with homemade buttermilk ranch, Bloomin’ Onion Sauce and red cabbage coleslaw.
Baked Buffalo Chicken Drumsticks
Servings: 3 Cooking Time: 40 Minutes
- 2 lbs Chicken Drumsticks
- 3 Tablespoons Cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 cup Hot Sauce ( I prefer Frank’s Buffalo Sauce)
- 1 Tablespoon Butter; melted
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Add the chicken, cornstarch and seasonings to a large bowl and toss to coat. Place in a single layer, skin side down, on a baking sheet lined with a wire rack.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then flip the drumsticks and continue to bake until the internal temperature reaches 165°F, the skin is crispy and the juices run clear; about 20 minutes.
- Add the chicken to a large bowl with the sauce and melted butter. Toss to coat and serve.
Looking for a side dish? Try one of these recipes!