This is by far my favorite recipe for meatloaf. I love meatloaf with ketchup, but what about FRESH homemade BBQ Sauce? One word. Amazing!
Brown Sugar Bourbon BBQ Meatloaf
- 3 lbs lean Ground Beef or Turkey
- 2 large Eggs; whisked
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1 cup Breadcrumbs, crushed Saltines or Ritz Crackers
- 1/2 cup White Onion; chopped
- 1/4 cup Carrot; chopped
- 1/2 cup Bell Pepper; minced
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 3 Tablespoons Pickled Jalapeno Juice
- 2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar Bourbon BBQ Sauce
- 2 Garlic Cloves; finely minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian Herbs
- 2 teaspoons Salt
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 4 cups Brown Sugar Bourbon BBQ Sauce
- In small bowl, combine breadcrumbs or crushed crackers and milk. Rest for 5 minutes to form a paste.
- In large bowl, combine everything but the 4 cups of BBQ sauce and hand mix until just incorporated. Be sure not over-mix or the meat will become tough and dry.
- Place 2 slices of bread in the bottom of a loaf pan and press meat mixture over top; cover with foil. NOTE: If you place it in the fridge for an hour or overnight it allows the flavors to marry and amplifies the flavors.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spread half of BBQ sauce over the meat and cover with foil. Bake for 45 minutes. Use a meat thermometer to check its internal temperature; it should be around 125°F to 130°F. Remove the meatloaf from the oven and drain the excess fat. Top with the remaining BBQ sauce and cook an until internal temperature reaches 135°F; about 10 minutes.
- Serve with Mashed Potatoes, gravy, and your preferred greens!
Looking for a side dish? Try one of these recipes!