This is by far my favorite recipe for meatloaf. I love meatloaf with ketchup, but what about BBQ Sauce? One word. Amazing! It’s a go to for Meatloaf Night. Cheap, quick and its a great way to hide the veggies that picky kids or *cough* younger brothers *cough* refuse to eat. When you have time, homemade BBQ sauce is next level, but bottled works in a pinch.
Brown Sugar Bourbon BBQ Meatloaf
- 3 lbs lean Ground Beef or Turkey
- 3 large Eggs; whisked
- 1 cup French Fried Onions
- 1/2 cup White Onion; chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 3 Tablespoons Pickled Jalapeno Juice
- 2 cups BBQ Sauce (Brown Sugar Bourbon BBQ Sauce); divided
- 2 Garlic Cloves; finely minced
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In large bowl, combine everything but 1 cup of the BBQ sauce and hand mix until just incorporated. Be sure not over-mix or the meat will become tough and dry. Press the beef mixture into a loaf pan and add 1/2 cup bbq sauce over top, then cover with foil. NOTE: If you place it in the fridge for an hour or overnight it allows the flavors to marry and amplifies the flavors.
- Spread 1/4 cup of the BBQ sauce over the meat and cover with foil. Bake for 30 minutes. Use a meat thermometer to check its internal temperature; it should be around 130°F.
- Remove the meatloaf from the oven, remove the foil and drain the excess fat. Top with the remaining BBQ sauce and cook until the internal temperature reaches 135°F; about 8-10 minutes.
- Serve with Mashed Potatoes, gravy, and your preferred greens!
Looking for a side dish? Try one of these recipes!