What do you make when you want both Chile Verde and Red Chile Enchiladas? Marbled Enchiladas! Because why not!
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a baking dish, add chicken and drizzle with oil. Sprinkle seasoning over top and massage over the entire surface. Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165°F. Cube or shred and set aside.
- Heat a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat and drizzle with olive oil. Once hot, add in onion, pepper and tomato; sautéing until tender then adding in the garlic. Once fragrant, add in chicken, green chiles, spices, cilantro, sour cream, cheese and broth. Stir until fully incorporated. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until thickened.
- Pour ½ of each sauce over the bottom of a baking dish until the bottom is evenly coated.
- Heat the tortillas in a skillet until soft and pliable then stack two on top of each other and add roughly ¼ – ½ cup of filling. Roll loosely and place over the sauce. Repeat until all of the tortillas are used or the baking dish is packed.
- Pour the remaining sauces over top and drizzle with sour cream. Cover and bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes. Remove foil and sprinkle with cheese; broiling for 2 minutes.
Looking for a side dish? Try one of these recipes!