Dinner tonight. More ribs! This time Sweet Heat Baked Ribs. Yes, BAKED! They were so tender! Served with Green Bean Casserole, Loaded Broccoli Baked Potatoes, Cornbread Bake and buttered rolls.
Baked Sweet Heat Spare Ribs
Servings: 6 Cooking Time: 5 hours
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1 large clove Garlic; finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 2 teaspoons Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Red Pepper Flake
- 1 teaspoon Mustard Powder
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 3 lb rack of Spare Ribs
- In a medium bowl, mix the olive oil with all of the spices, seasonings and brown sugar until it forms a paste.
- Rinse and pat the pork ribs dry. Use a sharp knife to remove the silver skin and brush or rub the the spice mixture over the ribs. Place on a baking sheet and cover with foil.
- Preheat oven to 250°F and slow roast for 5 hours, basting every hour in the pan juices.
- Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- Baste one last time and enjoy!
Looking for a side dish? Try one of these recipes!