Dinner tonight. More ribs! This time Sweet Heat Baked Ribs. Yes, BAKED! They were so tender! Served with Green Bean Casserole, Loaded Broccoli Baked Potatoes, Cornbread Bake and buttered rolls.
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1 large clove Garlic; finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 2 teaspoons Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Red Pepper Flake
- 1 teaspoon Mustard Powder
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 3 lb rack of Spare Ribs
- In a medium bowl, mix the olive oil with all of the spices, seasonings and brown sugar until it forms a paste.
- Rinse and pat the pork ribs dry. Use a sharp knife to remove the silver skin and brush or rub the the spice mixture over the ribs. Place on a baking sheet and cover with foil.
- Preheat oven to 250°F and slow roast for 5 hours, basting every hour in the pan juices.
- Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- Baste one last time and enjoy!
Looking for a side dish? Try one of these recipes!