I found a heck of a deal on ribs! These turned out brilliantly! They are so sticky, sweet and delicious, plus that smoke flavor. Copycat Panda Express Chow Mein and Sesame Braids make amazing sides for this family favorite. If you don’t have a smoker or grill, you can slow roast them in your oven 250°F for 5-6 hours.
- *optional* Create a brining solution of 2 gallons of hot water, 1 cup kosher salt and 1 cup brown sugar. Mix until dissolved and add in ribs. Seal the container and store in the fridge overnight. This step is optional, bug highly recommended.
- Rinse ribs and pat dry. Use a sharp paring knife to remove the silver skin by slitting it at one end and pulling it down to the other end. Drizzle the ribs with oil and add the seasonings and spices. Rub over the full surface of the ribs. Bottom, top, sides, EVERYWHERE! Wrap in plastic wrap and store in fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat smoker to 225°F. Remove the ribs from the plastic wrap and place on the hot smoker grate. Close the lid and slow smoke for 4-6 hours or until the meat is fall off the bone tender.
- While the ribs are smoking, heat a saucepan over medium heat and add the sauce ingredients; whisking constantly until thickened. Once hot, ladle half of the sauce into a bowl and use it to baste the ribs once or twice an hour while they’re smoking.
- Remove the ribs from the smoker and place on large platter. Tent with foil and rest for 5 minutes.
- Drizzle the ribs with extra sauce, sprinkle with sesame seeds and green onions then serve and enjoy!
Looking for a side dish? Try one of these recipes!