Had some leftover Ground Angus and Brioche buns, so lunch was a burger! Fried some more onions, shoestring fries and made an Italian Pasta Salad to go with it! ❤️ I’m stuffed! Angus burgers topped with French fried carrots and onions, pickles, lettuce, tomato and BBQ Aioli with shoestring French Fries is what on the menu tonight!
Angus Burgers with Barbeque Aioli
Angus Beef Patties
• 2 lbs lean Ground Beef
• 1 Large Egg; whisked
• Salt and Pepper
• 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
• 3 Slices of Cheddar
French Fried Vegetables
• 1/2 C Onion; thinly sliced
• 1/4 C Carrot; thinly sliced
• 1/4 C Flour; sifted
• Pinch of Smoked Paprika, Salt & Pepper
• 1/4 C BBQ Sauce
• 1/4 C Mayonnaise
• Pinch of Garlic Powder
• 3 Fresh Brioche Buns
• 3 Lettuce Leaves
• 1 Large Tomato; sliced
• 9 Bread & Butter Pickle Slices
1. In small bowl, combine Aioli ingredients and whisk; store in fridge.
2. Heat medium skillet with 1” of oil over medium-high heat.
3. In small bag combine onions, carrots, flour and seasoning. Using a slotted spoon, scoop out onions and carrots; shaking off excess flour and place in oil. Fry until golden brown and set aside on paper towel.
4. Strain oil and allow to cool before storing back in pantry.
5. Place skillet over heat again.
6. Combine beef patty mixture in bowl and form into 3 portions. Flatten in your palms and place each patty in the skillet; using your thumb to dimple the center. Do NOT press the patties down with a spatula while cooking. Cook 4 minutes per side, flipping once. Top with cheese, cover and remove from heat.
6. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 375°f and toast buns for 5 minutes.
7. Layer bottom bun with BBQ Aioli, one lettuce leaf, beef patty, pickles, tomato, French fried onions and carrots. Add a lashing of BBQ Aioli to the top bun and serve!
8. Enjoy with French Fries, Onion Rings or fill pickles
Looking for a side dish? Try out one of these recipes!