These Angus burgers topped with French fried carrots and onions, pickles, lettuce, tomato and BBQ Aioli are amazing! The textures of the shoestring vegetables and the sweet tang of the bbq aioli compliment the beef so well.
- In small bowl, combine the Aioli ingredients. Cover and place in the fridge until the burgers are ready.
- Heat a medium skillet with 1” of oil over medium heat. In a small bag, toss the onions, carrots, cornstarch, smoked paprika, salt and pepper. Using a slotted spoon, scoop out the vegetables and shake off the excess seasoning. Fry until golden brown and set aside to drain on a paper towel.
- Combine the angus beef patty ingredients in a bowl and form into 3 large burgers. Flatten them in your palms and place each patty in the skillet. Use your thumb to create a dimple in the center of each burger. Do not press the patties down with a spatula while cooking. Cook for 4 minutes per side, flipping once. Top with cheese, cover and remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400°F and toast the buns until golden brown.
- Layer the bottom bun with the BBQ Aioli, one lettuce leaf, beef patty, pickles, tomato and French fried vegetables. Add another lashing of BBQ Aioli to the top bun and serve with French Fries, Sweet Potato Fries, Onion Rings or dill pickle spears.
Looking for a side dish? Try one of these recipes!