Unfortunately fresh veggies and herbs are off the menu for a little while, but I managed to fish out some sausage from the bottom of my freezer plus I had a handful of cherry tomatoes and a red onion! Thanks to my amazing mom, I had flour to make a crust! Skillet pizza FTW! Food’s on the table and life is good!
Sausage Skillet Pizza
• Pizza dough ball; proofed
• 1/4 cup Olive Oil
• 2 cloves Garlic; finely minced
• 1 cup Mozzarella
• 1 cup Cheddar
• 2 Sausages; cooked and sliced
• 1/4 cup Red Onion; chopped
• 1/2 cup Cherry Tomatoes
1. Sprinkle cornmeal or grease the bottom of a large cast iron skillet.
2. Toss pizza dough until flat and press into skillet.
3. Spread olive oil and garlic over top and sprinkle with half of the cheeses.
4. Layer on all of the toppings and top with the remaining cheese.
6. Preheat oven to 400°F then bake for 18-20 minutes or until the cheese is golden and bubbling.
7. Slice, serve and enjoy!
Looking for a side dish? Try one of these recipes!