Unfortunately fresh veggies and herbs are off the menu for a little while, but I managed to fish out some sausage from the bottom of my freezer plus I had a handful of cherry tomatoes and a red onion! Thanks to my amazing mom, I had flour to make a crust! Skillet pizza FTW! Food’s on the table and life is good!
Sausage Skillet Pizza
• Pizza dough ball; proofed
• 1/4 cup Olive Oil
• 2 cloves Garlic; finely minced
• 1 cup Mozzarella
• 1 cup Cheddar
• 2 Sausages; cooked and sliced
• 1/4 cup Red Onion; chopped
• 1/2 cup Cherry Tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Sprinkle cornmeal or grease the bottom of a large cast iron skillet. Toss or knead the pizza dough between your knuckles until it’s flat and press it into a skillet.
- Spread olive oil and garlic over top and sprinkle with half of the cheeses. Layer on all of the toppings and top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until the cheese is golden and bubbling.
- Slice, serve and enjoy!
Looking for a side dish? Try one of these recipes!