Like 99% of the population, I love pizza! From the traditional to the unique, the combination of fresh baked pizza dough, melted cheese and rich sauce and delicious toppings can’t be beat. Making your dough from scratch makes all the difference. You have more control over the salt and sugar levels, plus you can get creative by adding in herbs and spices!
• 4 cups All Purpose Flour (or Gluten Free blend)
• 1 teaspoon White Sugar
• 2 1/4 teaspoon Active Dry Yeast
• 1 1/2 teaspoon Salt
• 1 1/2 cups warm Water (110-115 degrees)
• 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
• 2 Tablespoons Cornmeal
1. In bowl, whisk water, sugar and yeast together until frothy. Let bloom for 10 minutes.
2. In mixer, combine flour and salt. Create a well in the center and pour in yeast mixture. On medium speed, mix ingredients; slowly drizzling in oil until combined and sticking to the dough hook.
3. Turn out on to floured surface and knead lightly and form into a ball. Put in a large, greased bowl and cover with towel or plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place for 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until doubled in size. Turn out onto floured surface once more and gently use your fingers until it reaches the size and shape you’d like.
4. *DO NOT use a rolling pin! It pushes out all of the air bubbles and makes a really tough dough.
5. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and heat up pizza stone. Carefully remove stone from oven and sprinkle liberally with corn meal. Add dough and gently press out until it covers the pizza stone.
6. Top with sauce and toppings of choice then bake for 15 minutes.
Looking for a unique pizza? Try one of these recipes!