Breakfast this morning was delicious! Next time I’ll coat the berries with flour to keep them from sinking to the bottom. It was still really tasty! There was a deep crack on the top so I filled it with some lemon cream cheese frosting. 😋 The joys of experimenting with new gluten free recipes. 🤣
Lemon Blueberry Poppyseed Bread
• 1 1/2 C Flour
• 1 tsp Baking Powder
• 1/3 tsp Salt
• 1/3 C Vegetable Oil
• 1/2 C Lemon Juice
• 1 C Sugar
• 1 Tbsp Lemon Zest
• 2 large Eggs
• 1/2 C Buttermilk
• 2 Tbsp Poppyseeds
• 1 C Blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In large bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt; mix well.
3. In separate bowl combine eggs, buttermilk, lemon juice, zest, oil and sugar.
4. Combine wet and dry ingredients until just combined then fold in poppyseeds and blueberries.
5. Grease and flour a loaf pan the. Pour in batter.
6. Bake for 1 hour or until toothpick comes out clean.
7. Allow to cool for 15-20 minutes on a wire rack before turning out and slicing.
Looking for a side dish? Try one of these!