I made quesadillas for lunch and they were delicious and so quick to make! I wasn’t happy with the tortillas I made last night so I made a second batch. Much better! ❤️
Smokey Ancho Chicken Quesadillas
• 3 large Chicken Thighs
• 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
• 1 tsp Ancho Chile Powder
• 1 tsp Chipotle Chile Powder
• 1 tsp Garlic Powder
• 1/2 tsp Salt
• 1/4 tsp Pepper
• 1 C Onion; diced
• 1 C Bell Pepper; diced
• 1 clove Garlic; minced
• Salt and Pepper to taste
• 1/2 C Corn
• 3 C Cheese
• 6 Flour Tortillas
1. Add chicken ingredients to medium bowl and mix well. Cover and chill overnight.
2. Heat cast iron skillet over medium heat and add a splash of olive oil. Once heated, add chicken and cook through.
3. Remove chicken and tent with foil; set aside then add onion and peppers to skillet. Cook until tender.
4. Chop chicken and re-cover with foil.
5. Heat griddle over medium heat and add a pad of butter. Once the pan is hot, add tortilla and top with cheese, chicken, onion, peppers and corn. Top with a sprinkle of cheese and the second tortilla.
6. Place a large skillet over top and press it down until the bottom tortilla is golden brown; flip and weigh down with skillet again.
7. Repeat with remaining ingredients and serve with Mexican Rice and Refried Beans.
Looking for a side dish? Try one of these!