I made quesadillas for lunch and they were so quick to make! I wasn’t happy with the tortillas I made last night so I made a second batch. So much better! ❤️ Of course, you can use store-bought tortillas but I highly recommend making them from scratch at least once!
Smokey Ancho Chicken Quesadillas
- Ancho Chicken:
- 3 large Chicken Thighs
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Ancho Chile Powder
- 1 teaspoon Chipotle Chile Powder
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
- 1 cup Onion; diced
- 1 cup Bell Pepper; diced
- 2 cloves Garlic; minced
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup Sweet Corn
- 3 cups Mexican Blend Cheese
- 6 Flour Tortillas
- Add the chicken ingredients to a medium bowl and mix well. Cover and chill overnight.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add a splash of olive oil. Once heated, add the chicken and cook until the internal temperature reaches 165°F; about 8 minutes. Remove the chicken from the pan and tent with foil; set aside.
- Add the onions and peppers to the skillet and sauté until tender. Chop the chicken and add it back into the skillet, cover and set aside.
- Heat a griddle pan over medium heat and add a pad of butter. Once the pan is hot, add a tortilla and top it with cheese, chicken, onion, peppers and corn. Sprinkle on more cheese and top with the second tortilla. Press the quesadilla down with a skillet and cook until the bottom tortilla is golden brown; flip and weigh it down with the skillet again. Remove the quesadilla from the pan and add it to a warm oven, then repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Serve with Mexican Rice and Refried Beans and enjoy!
Looking for a side dish? Try one of these recipes!