I made quesadillas for lunch and they were so quick to make! I wasn’t happy with the tortillas I made last night so I made a second batch. So much better! ❤️ Of course, you can use store-bought tortillas but I highly recommend making them from scratch at least once!
Smokey Ancho Chicken Quesadillas
• 3 large Chicken Thighs
• 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
• 1 teaspoon Ancho Chile Powder
• 1 teaspoon Chipotle Chile Powder
• 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
• 1/2 teaspoon Salt
• 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
• 1 cup Onion; diced
• 1 cup Bell Pepper; diced
• 1 clove Garlic; minced
• Salt and Pepper to taste
• 1/2 cup Sweet Corn
• 3 cups Mexican Blend Cheese
• 6 Flour Tortillas
- Add chicken ingredients to medium bowl and mix well. Cover and chill overnight.
- Heat cast iron skillet over medium heat and add a splash of olive oil. Once heated, add chicken and cook through. Remove chicken and tent with foil; set aside then add onion and peppers to skillet. Cook until tender.
- Chop chicken and add to the cooked vegetables; re-cover with foil.
- Heat griddle over medium heat and add a pad of butter. Once the pan is hot, add tortilla and top with cheese, chicken, onion, peppers and corn. Top with a sprinkle of cheese and the second tortilla. Place a large skillet over top and press it down until the bottom tortilla is golden brown; flip and weigh down with skillet again. Repeat with remaining ingredients and serve with Mexican Rice and Refried Beans.
Looking for a side dish? Try one of these recipes!