I’m not much of a dessert or breakfast person but I love love LOVE this Honey Blueberry Cornbread! I grew up eating and loving honey cornbread and thought that blueberries would add an awesome tartness and pop of flavor. It definitely delivered!
Honey Blueberry Cornbread
• 1 cup Yellow Corn Meal
• 1 cup Flour
• 1 teaspoon Salt
• 2 teaspoon Baking Powder
• 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
• 1/2 cup Honey
• 2 large Eggs
• 2/3 cup Butter; melted and allowed to cool
• 1 cup Half and Half
• 1 cup Berries of choice
• 1/4 cup Yellow Cornmeal
• 1 Tablespoon Sugar
- Preheat oven to 400°F and grease a 9” cast iron skillet. Place in oven until hot.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients and create a well in the center. In a small bowl, thoroughly whisk all of the wet ingredients then pour into dry ingredient bowl and mix until just incorporated. Fold in the blueberries.
- Remove skillet from oven and pour in 1/4 cup Cornmeal. Tilt the pan until it’s evenly coated and pour in the batter. Sprinkle the top with the remaining tablespoon of sugar.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes checking it after 20 minutes to make sure the top isn’t getting too dark. If it is, cover with foil and continue to bake until tester toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool on wire rack for 10 minutes. Serve with butter and honey.
Looking for a main dish? Try one of these recipes!