I’m not much of a dessert or breakfast person but I love love LOVE this Honey Blueberry Cornbread! I grew up eating and loving honey cornbread and thought that blueberries would add an awesome tartness and pop of flavor. It definitely delivered!
Honey Blueberry Cornbread
• 1 cup Yellow Corn Meal
• 1 cup Flour (I used gluten free)
• 1 teaspoon Salt
• 2 teaspoon Baking Powder
• 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
• 1/2 cup Honey
• 2 large Eggs
• 2/3 cup Butter; melted and allowed to cool
• 1 cup Half and Half
• 1 cup Berries of choice
• 1/4 cup Yellow Cornmeal
• 1 Tablespoon Sugar
1. Preheat oven to 400° and grease a 9” cast iron skillet. Place in oven.
2. In large bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients.
3. In a small bowl, thoroughly whisk all of the wet ingredients. Pour into dry ingredients and mix until just incorporated. Fold in berries.
4. Remove skillet from oven and pour in 1/4 cup Cornmeal. Tilt the pan until it’s evenly coated and pour in batter. Sprinkle the top with the remaining sugar.
5. Slide into oven and bake for 25-30 minutes checking it after 20 minutes to make sure the top isn’t getting too dark. If it is, cover with foil and continue to bake until tester toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
6. Remove from oven and allow to cool on wire rack for 15 minutes. Serve with butter and honey.
Looking for a side dish? Try one of these!