I’m not much of a dessert or breakfast person but I love love LOVE this Honey Blueberry Cornbread! I grew up eating and loving honey cornbread and thought that blueberries would add an awesome tartness and pop of flavor. It definitely delivered!
Honey Blueberry Cornbread
- 1 1/4 cups Yellow Corn Meal; divided
- 1 cup Flour
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 cup Honey
- 2 large Eggs
- 2/3 cup Butter; melted and allowed to cool
- 1 cup Half and Half
- 1 cup Blueberries
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the 1 cup of the cornmeal and the remaining dry ingredients. Create a well in the center and add the wet ingredients. Mix until just incorporated, then gently fold in the blueberries.
- Grease a 9” cast iron skillet and place it in the oven until hot.
- Remove the skillet and sprinkle in 1/4 cup Cornmeal. Tilt the pan until it’s evenly coated, then pour in the batter. Sprinkle the top with the remaining tablespoon of sugar and bake for 30 minutes, checking it after 20 minutes to make sure the top isn’t getting too dark. If it is, cover the skillet with foil and continue to bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes, then serve with butter and honey.
Looking for a main dish? Try one of these recipes!