Cinnamon apple pancakes, anyone?! They were delicious and so simple to make! They make a great weekend breakfast for the whole family and kids especially love the apple compote on the side. They freeze incredibly well, so make sure to make a large batch and wrap the leftovers in plastic wrap and store in the freezer for the rest of the week. Simply pop them in the microwave for 30 seconds and you’re good to go!
- Preheat oven to its lowest setting.
- In bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt and sugar. In separate bowl, mix apples with spices until fully evenly coated then set aside.
- In yet another small bowl combine milk and egg, whisking thoroughly.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and mix in egg mixture until just combined but slightly lumpy. Gently fold in the apples until evenly distributed and cover, allowing to rest for 30 minutes in the fridge.
- Add a pad of butter to a cast iron skillet or griddle over medium heat. Once heated, scoop or pour ½ cup batter and cook until bubbles form on top; about 1 minute. Flip and cook another minute or until golden on the bottom. Place on plate and set in the warm oven.
- Repeat with the remaining batter and serve with butter and warm Maple Syrup.
One thought on “Cinnamon Apple Pancakes”