I made Brown Sugar Spice Rubbed chicken for dinner with roasted root vegetables and it was amazing! I came up with this rub when I first started cooking and to this day in has never let me down. It’s sweet, smoky and so delicious! I’ve had a couple of people tell me that they never imagined putting brown sugar on chicken, but I highly recommend it. It really helps to caramelize the skin and add a little extra crispness.
- 4 lb Whole Chicken
- 1 cup Butter; softened
- ⅔ cup Brown Sugar
- 2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Smoked Paprika
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic Powder
- ½ teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a small bowl combine butter and spices. Pat chicken dry and slather the chicken with the mixture, making sure to get it under the skin and inside the chicken. Truss the legs and place on rack in Dutch oven; cover with the lid.
- Roast in oven for 1 hour or until the thickest part of the bird reaches 175°F. Remove the lid and roast an additional 20 minutes to crisp the skin.
- Rest for 10 minutes before serving.
Looking for a side dish? Try one of these recipes!