I’m not usually a breakfast person but I was so excited about making a breakfast sandwich! The combination of crispy, baked cheese and gooey melted cheese is amazing! I’m definitely going to be making this again! Home baked everything bagel, scrambled eggs, breakfast sausage, bacon, parmesan cheddar cheese crisp and a handful of sharp cheddar! Oh, yeah. Definitely making this again tomorrow.
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Heat cast iron griddle over medium heat on the front burner and medium-low heat on the back burner. Drizzle with reserved bacon grease and allow to heat up. Place bacon and sausage on back burner and cover with a baking sheet.
- Combine the Cheese Crisp ingredients on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Bake for 5-7 minutes or until crispy and golden, set aside.
- Combine the scrambled egg ingredients in a bowl and pour over front portion of the griddle. Using a spatula, draw eggs from the edges to the center until half set and seperate into 2 portions.
- Top one portion with sharp cheddar and move to the covered back burner.
- Spread the bagel halves with butter or bacon grease and toast on front burner until golden brown.
- Layer: bagel, breakfast sausage, scrambled egg, cheese crisp, scrambled egg with melted cheddar, bacon and bagel top.