I’ve been interested in baking a Dutch Baby for years and never got around to making one. I thought it would be a lot harder than it was! The batter is so simple and comes together really easily! The custardy taste of the Dutch Baby went really with the Raspberry, Strawberry and Blueberry Compote!
Berry Compote Dutch Baby
Dutch Baby Batter
• 3 Large Eggs; room temperature
• 1/2 cup Flour (I used a Gluten Free blend)
• 2/3 cup Whole Milk; room temp
• 1/4 teaspoon Salt
• 1/4 teaspoon Vanilla
• 1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon
• 1 Tablespoon Butter; melted
• 1/2 cup Strawberries
• 1/2 cup Blueberries
• 1/2 cup Fresh Raspberries
• 1 cup Sugar
• 1 teaspoon Cornstarch
• 2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice; cold
• 1 teaspoon Butter; melted
• 1/4 cup Powdered Sugar
- In a saucepan over medium heat, add the berries and sugar. Fold gently with a spatula, making sure not to damage the berries. Simmer, uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 425°F and place a 12” cast iron skillet on the middle rack. Allow the skillet to get VERY hot.
- Combine the Dutch Baby ingredients in a blender and pulse until smooth. Scrape the sides with a spatula and blend a couple seconds longer to get rid of any clumps.
- Carefully remove the skillet from the oven and add the melted butter. Using a basting brush, spread the butter over the entire interior of the skillet. Place back in oven for 2 minutes.
- Pour the batter into the skillet and bake for 20 minutes or until golden and puffy.
- Brush melted butter over the hot Dutch Baby and scoop the berry compote over top. Dust with powdered sugar and serve.
Looking for a side dish? Try one of these recipes!