Dinner last night turned out so good! I had to tinker with the recipe a bit as I was making it, so I’ve altered the recipe. Made a Vinaigrette Coleslaw to go with it and it added some delicious tang to the whole meal!
Rosemary Beef Scalloped Potatoes
• 3 large Russet Potatoes; peeled, thinly sliced and soaked
• 3 lbs extra lean Ground Beef
• 1 medium Onion; diced
• 2 Garlic Cloves; minced
• 1/2 Cup Tomato; diced
• 3 Tablespoons Rosemary; chopped
• 1 1/2 teaspoon Salt
• 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
• 1 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
• 2 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
• 2/3 Cup Flour
• 2 Cup Whole Milk
• 2 C Parmesan Cheese
• 1/4 Cup Cream Cheese; softened
1. In large cast iron skillet, brown beef with onion, garlic and tomato until cooked through.
2. Drain thoroughly and add in seasonings and flour. Stir until everything is coated.
3. Slowly pour in milk and 1 C Parmesan; whisk until thickened.
4. Preheat oven to 400°.
5. Line a springform pan with parchment paper (I prefer Kitchenatic’s brand) and layer with sliced potatoes. Scoop in a layer of the beef filling and add a second layer of potatoes. Repeat until the beef mixture is gone. Top with remaining Parmesan and cover with foil.
6. Place in large skillet or on sheet pan and bake for 1 1/2 hours or until potatoes are tender. Uncover and spread on cream cheese. Place back in the oven for an additional 10 minutes.
7. Cool 15 minutes then release the springform, slice and serve!
Looking for a side dish? Try one of these!