I keep a stash of homemade burritos in the freezer for my husband to take to work if there aren’t any leftovers from the night before. I decided to pop one in the air fryer to make a chimichanga. So good!
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
- Rinse the pork and pat dry. Place on a cutting board and rub with the ancho powder, smoked paprika, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, salt and pepper. Add a drizzle of olive oil to the skillet and sear the roast on all sides before placing it in an InstaPot or pressure cooker.
- Add another drizzle of oil to the skillet and sauté the onions, peppers and tomatoes until tender. Add in the garlic and continue to cook until fragrant; about 2 minutes.
- Scoop the vegetables over the pork and pour in the salsa verde, garlic powder, Chile powder, salt and pepper. Seal and cook, at pressure, for 1 hour. Release the pressure before shredding the pork and adding the corn and beans.
- Lay out the burritos and add a healthy dollop of queso. Spread it evenly over the tortilla before adding 1/4 cup of the Mexican rice and about 2/3 cup of the pork filling. Top with a sprinkle of cheese and roll tightly.
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F.
- Spritz the burrito lightly with oil and place in the air fryer. Cook for 10 minutes, checking halfway through to make sure the bottom and top are cooking evenly.
Looking for a side dish? Try one of these recipes!