If last week was any indication, then I’ve been a hectic couple of days ahead of me. I decided to make individual portioned freezer Cottage Pies (or Shepherd’s Pie if you’re an American like me) last night that I can toss in the air fryer for 15 minutes and eat.
- Brown the beef in a large skillet or dutch oven over medium-high heat and add in onion, carrots, bell peppers, tomatoes and zucchini. Cook until tender; drain and mix in the flour.
- Add in spices, seasoning, sugar and mustard, stirring until thoroughly combined. Pour in the broth and simmer until thickened; about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, boil the potatoes until tender; about 15 minutes. Drain and add remaining ingredients. Mash until creamy and cover.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Spoon the beef mixture into small freezer safe dishes and top with the mashed potatoes. Smooth out the top and bake for 20 minutes or until heated through and the sides are bubbling.
- Place, uncovered in the freezer until they’ve cooled before wrapping tightly with foil and storing in the freezer for up to 2 months.
- Reheating: bake at 400°F for 25 minutes or until heated through.
Looking for a side dish? Try one of these recipes!