If last week was any indication, then I’ve been a hectic couple of days ahead of me. I decided to make individual portioned freezer Cottage Pies (or Shepherd’s Pie if you’re an American like me) last night that I can toss in the air fryer for 15 minutes and eat.
Freezer Shepherd’s Pie
• 3 lbs extra lean Ground Beef
• 1 C Onion; diced
• 1 C Carrots; diced
• 2 cloves Garlic; minced
• 1/2 C Bell Pepper; diced
• 1 C Zucchini; seeded and diced
• 1 C Tomato; seeded and diced
• 2 tsp Salt
• 1 tsp Pepper
• 1 Tbsp Herbs de Provence
• 1 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
• 1 Tbsp Sugar
• 1 tsp Mustard Powder
• 2 Tbsp Flour
• 3 C Beef Broth
• 3 large Potatoes; peeled and cubed
• 1 large Egg; whisked
• 1/2 C Butter
• 1/2 C Cream Cheese
• 1 C Cheddar Cheese
• 2 tsp Salt
• 1 tsp White Pepper
• 1 tsp Onion Powder
• 1 Tbsp Green Onion; chopped
• 1 clove Garlic; finely minced
1. Brown the beef in a large skillet or dutch oven and add in onion, carrots, bell peppers, tomatoes and zucchini. Cook until tender; drain and mix in flour.
2. Add in spices, sugar, mustard and sugar, stirring until thoroughly combined. Pour in broth and allow to simmer until thickened.
3. Meanwhile, boil potatoes until tender; about 15 minutes. Drain thoroughly.
4. Add remaining ingredients and mash until creamy.
5. Preheat oven to 375°F.
6. Spoon beef mixture into small freezer safe dishes and top with mashed potatoes. Smooth out the top and place in oven.
7. Bake for 20 minutes or until cooked through and the sides are bubbling.
8. Place, uncovered in the freezer until they’ve reached room temperature. Remove from freezer and wrap tightly with foil.
9. Store in freezer for up to 2 months.
10. To reheat, bake at 400°F for 20 minutes.
Looking for a main dish? Try one of these!