I had a couple of people ask for the Zucchini Pie recipe I made the other day. It was really stinking good! Be sure to thoroughly salt the zucchini before resting. This draws the excess moisture out of the squash so it doesn’t make the crust soggy. The added layer of cheese on the bottom also helps.
Air Fryer Zucchini Cheddar Pie
• 1 Pie Shell
• 2 medium Zucchini Squash
• 1 small Onion; thinly sliced
• 2 Garlic Cloves; finely minced
• 3 Tablespoons Butter
• 2 Tablespoons Flour
• 1/2 Cup Whole Milk
• 1/4 Cup Parmesan; grated
• 1 Cup Sharp Cheddar; grated
• 1 Tablespoon Italian Herbs
• 2 teaspoons Salt
• 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
• 1/2 Cup Mild Cheddar; grated
- Thinly slice one of the Zucchini and grate the other. Place on paper towels and sprinkle with salt. Allow to rest for 30-35 minutes then use another paper towel to dab off the excess moisture.
- Meanwhile, preheat air fryer to 400°F and blind bake pie shell in tart pan; 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Add butter to a skillet over medium heat and allow to melt. Add in onions and sauté until tender then add in garlic; cook until fragrant. Add flour to start a roux; stirring constantly until golden brown. Slowly pour in the milk and whisk until thickened. Stir in cheese, grated Zucchini and seasonings. Simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Preheat Air Fryer to 370°F and pour mixture into pie shell. Layer the sliced Zucchini over top and air fry for 12 minutes.
- Remove from the air fryer and add the cheddar cheese. If the crust is getting too cooked, cover it with foil to keep it from burning. Air fry an additional 15 minutes or until cheese is golden brown and the filling is bubbling at the edges.
- Cool for 5 minutes on wire rack before removing the tart pan and serving.
Looking for a main dish? Try one of these recipes!