This Zucchini Pie is really stinking good! Be sure to thoroughly salt the zucchini before resting. This draws the excess moisture out of the squash so it doesn’t make the crust soggy. The added layer of cheese on the bottom also helps.
- Thinly slice one of the Zucchini and grate the other. Place on paper towels and sprinkle with salt. Allow to rest for 30-35 minutes then use another paper towel to dab off the excess moisture.
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F.
- Fit the pie crust into a tart pan ands a fork to put holes in the bottom of the crust. Air fry for 5 minutes until slightly golden, then set aside.
- Add the butter to a skillet over medium heat and allow to melt. Add in the onions and sauté until tender then add in garlic; cooking until fragrant. Add the flour and cook until golden brown. Slowly pour in the milk and whisk until thickened, then add 1 cup cheddar cheese, the grated Zucchini and the seasonings. Simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Pour the mixture into the pie shell and layer the sliced Zucchini and remaining cheese over top. Air fry for 15 minutes.
- Cool for 5 minutes on a wire rack before removing the tart pan and serving.
Looking for a main dish? Try one of these recipes!