Omelettes and Frittatas are one of my favorite ways to start the day! Light, fluffy and packed with flavor! The goat cheese added an awesome creamy tang!
Ham and Vegetable Frittata
• 8 eggs; scrambled
• 1/2 C cheddar; shredded
• Pinch of ground sage and garlic powder
• 2 Tbsp Whole Milk
• Salt and Pepper to taste
• 1/4 C Tomatoes; diced
• 1/4 C Red Onion; diced
• 1/4 C Yellow Squash; diced
• 1/2 C Crumbled Bacon
• 1/4 C Ham; chopped
• 1/8 C Goat Cheese
• 1 Tbsp fresh parsley; chopped
1. Heat butter in cast iron skillet over medium high heat until hot. Reduce to medium-low and allow skillet to cool for 2 minutes.
2. In bowl, combine eggs with salt, pepper, garlic, sage and cheddar; whisk thoroughly.
3. Flick a drop of water into the skillet to make sure it’s still hot enough. It should sizzle and evaporate.
4. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Add eggs to skillet and use chopsticks or a spatula to stir it frequently. Do not walk away!
5. Once eggs have set halfway, add in vegetables and place in oven; cooking until set.
6. Use a spatula or fork to check the bottom to make sure it’s fully cooked.
7. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before slicing. Garnish with chives, parsley, cheese or whatever you’d like. Enjoy!