My Aunt DeAnn makes the most amazing Blueberry Muffins! I decided to try and recreate it with a twist! They’re incredible served warm with butter!
Lemon Twist Blueberry Muffins
• 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
• 1/2 cup White Sugar
• 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
• 1/2 teaspoon Salt
• 2 1/2 teaspoons Baking Powder
• 1/3 cup Vegetable Oil
• 1 Tablespoon Butter; softened
• 1 Extra Large Egg
• 1/3 cup Buttermilk
• 1 1/4 cups Blueberries
• 1/2 cup Fresh Lemon Juice
• 1 teaspoon Lemon Zest
• 1 teaspoon White Sugar
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, salt and baking powder. Make a well in the center and add the egg, oil and buttermilk; stirring until just combined. Gently fold in the blueberries, making sure to not over work the batter.
- Liberally grease a muffin pan and divide batter evenly. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- In a small bowl, combine the glaze ingredients and brush over the warm muffins.
Looking for a main dish? Try one of these!