Happy Fourth of July! I have to work today, so I can’t make it to the family cookout, but I can still enjoy a nice meal! 😊 Kinda sick of burgers for now so I wanted to do something a bit more original. I had an elk tenderloin that sounded delicious! Served with Garlicky Mashed Potatoes, Elk Gravy, and a Summer Salad! 💕
Smoked Herb Elk Tenderloin
Servings: 4 Cook Time: 2 1/2 hours
- 1 large Elk Tenderloin
- 1 cup Italian Dressing
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 Tablespoon Parsley; minced
- 1 Tablespoon Basil, minced
- 1 Tablespoon Oregano; minced
- 2 cloves Garlic; minced
- Place tenderloin and Italian Dressing in a large ziplock bag and marinade overnight. This will help tenderize even the toughest game meat and reduce the gaminess.
- Preheat smoker to 325°F.
- Remove the tenderloin from the bag and rub with salt, pepper and oil. Place on the smoker’s grate and smoke for 1 1/2 hours or until the internal temperature reaches 135°F.
- In a large shallow dish, evenly distribute the chopped herbs and garlic. Carefully Transfer the tenderloin to the dish and roll in the herb mixture until coated. Tent with foil and allow it to rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
Looking for a side dish? Try one of these recipes!