I think I picked the wrong day to make Chicken Fajita Pizza. It’s a solid 100°F in my apartment right now. Totally worth it! 🤣 This was a rehash of a recipe I started making years and years ago. It turned out brilliantly!
Chicken Fajita Pizza
Servings: 4 Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- 1 Pizza Dough Ball
- 1 large Chicken Breast; butterflied
- 1 Tablespoon Fajita Spice Blend
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 cup Refried Beans
- 1 cup Mozzarella or Cotija Cheese
- 1 medium Tomato; cored and diced
- 2 small Bell Peppers; cored and sliced
- 1 small Red Onion; sliced
- 1/4 cup Corn
- 1/4 cup Cilantro; chopped
- 1/4 cup Sour Cream
- 1 large Lime; juiced
- Preheat oven to 400°F and season
- Season chicken with fajita seasoning and add it to a sheet pan with the sliced vegetables. Drizzle olive oil over top and roast for 12 minutes or until the thickest part of the chicken reaches 165°F.
- Place a large cast iron skillet or pizza stone in the oven to preheat for 5 minutes.
- Carefully remove the stone or skillet from the oven and sprinkle liberally with corn meal. Add the dough over top and press outwards until it reaches your desired size. Spread the refried beans over top and sprinkle the top with cheese, chicken and vegetables. Top with extra cheese if desired.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until the dough is golden and the cheese is bubbly and golden brown. Top with cilantro, sour cream and a squeeze of fresh lime juice.
- Cut, serve and enjoy!
Looking for a side dish? Try one of these recipes!