Hopping back on the Pantry Challenge for a hot minute. I have a bunch of ingredients I need to use up. Buffalo Wings sounded so good, but I didn’t have any on hand. I know Buffalo Cauliflower is a thing, though I’ve never tried it. Well, today’s the day! It was ridiculously good and it was baked so…you know…healthier…ish.
Buffalo Ranch Whole Roasted Cauliflower
Servings: 4 Cooking Time: 50 Minutes
- 2 1/2 lb Cauliflower Head
- 1/4 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Buffalo Sauce
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup Panko
- 1/3 cup Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 cup Bacon Crumbles
- 1/2 cup Buffalo Sauce
- 1/2 cup Ranch of Bleu Cheese Dressing
- Place the Cauliflower on a chopping board and remove the leaves and bottom of the stalk.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Bring a large dutch oven or pot with 1” of water to a boil. Add the whole cauliflower, cover and steam for 12-15 minutes or until fork tender. Carefully remove the cauliflower from the water and transfer back to the cutting board.
- Whisk the 1/4 mayonnaise and 1/4 cup buffalo sauce until well combined. Using a basting brush, cover the cauliflower with the mixture. The more you apply, the more it melts between the florets, so mayo it up!
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, panko, smoked paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Press the mixture over the surface of the cauliflower until completely coated and spritz lightly with oil.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.
- Drizzle the Ranch/Bleu Cheese and Buffalo Sauce over top, sprinkle the bacon over top and serve.
Looking for a side dish? Try one of these recipes!