I haven’t done Breakfast for Dinner in a while and pancakes sounded really good. So I made Strawberry Banana Pancakes, Baked Bacon, Maple Pepper Hash Browns, Herbed Scrambled Eggs and Sautéed Mushrooms.
Strawberry Banana Pancakes
Servings: 4 Cooking Time: 30 Minutes
- 1 1/2 cup Flour
- 3 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2 teaspoons White Sugar
- 1/2 cup Strawberries; mashed
- 2 drops Red Food Coloring (optional)
- 1 large Banana; mashed
- 1 1/4 cups Whole Milk
- 4 Tablespoons Butter
- Preheat oven to its lowest setting.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar into 2 large bowls. In two small bowls combine half the milk and mashed banana in one and the remaining milk and strawberries and food coloring in another.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and mix in the banana and strawberry mixtures into separate bowls. Don’t over mix the batter, it should still be slightly lumpy. Chill for 20 minutes in the fridge.
- Add a pad of butter to a cast iron skillet or griddle over medium heat. Once heated, scoop or pour 1/2 cup batter and cook until the top is no longer glossy; about 1 minute. Flip and cook another minute or until golden on the bottom. Place on a plate and set in the warm oven.
- Repeat with the remaining batter and serve with butter and warm maple syrup.
Looking for a side dish? Try one of these recipes!