I can’t have soup week without making my all time favorite soup. Curried Butternut Squash Soup! It’s so rich and creamy with just enough spice. I make it every Thanksgiving and it’s always a hit!
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place the squash, carrots, celery and onion on a baking sheet and toss with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Drizzle olive oil over the garlic bulbs and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Wrap tightly in aluminum foil and place on the baking sheet. Bake for 40 minutes or until tender and golden brown.
- Scoop the roasted vegetables into a large dutch oven over medium-high heat and pour the broth over top. Unwrap the garlic and squeeze the tender cloves from the husk into the soup. Add the herbs, seasonings and spices, then taste and adjust the seasoning as needed. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer, cooking for 20 minutes.
- Using an immersion blender, blend the soup until smooth. You can remove the bay leaf before blending if you prefer or keep it in the soup. Pour in the milk or cream and parmesan, taste and season accordingly.
- Ladle into a soup bowl and garnish with cream, parsley, red onion and toasted nuts.