Beef Tips and Gravy sounded so good! I added some Marsala wine and WOW! It added so much depth to the dish! It got an A+ from the husband!
- Place the beef ingredients in a large bowl and toss to coat.
- Heat a dutch oven over medium-high heat and add a pad of butter. Sear the beef tips on all sides and remove from the pot.
- Add the onions and mushrooms to the pot and sauté until tender before adding the garlic and cooking until fragrant; about 2 minutes.
- Pour in half the broth and, using a whisk, deglaze the bottom of the pot. Pour in the remaining broth and add the beef, carrots, wine and herbs to the pot.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook until the beef is tender; about 2 ½ hours.
- Whisk the 2 tablespoons cornstarch with ¼ cup water and pour the slurry into the pot and continue to stir until thickened. Taste and season accordingly, then serve with rice or pasta.
Looking for a side dish? Try one of these recipes!