These were so good! We couldn’t decide on a sauce to serve it with, I chose gravy and Andrew chose BBQ sauce. Very tasty either way.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and add the onions and potatoes. Boil until fork tender; about 12 minutes.
- Drain and add back to the pot with the remaining mashed potato ingredients. Mash until smooth and chill for 45 minutes to an 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, form the beef into 12 patties. Heat a skillet over medium-high heat and sear the patties on both sides.
- Place ½ cup of the mashed potatoes in your palm and place a burger patty over top. Grab another ½ cup of mashed potatoes and pat until the burger is completely encased in the mashed potatoes. Place on a baking sheet and repeat with the remaining patties.
- Chill the croquettes in the freezer until firm.
- Preheat air fryer to 370°F.
- Add the eggs to a shallow dish, season with salt and pepper, then whisk. Mix the flour, breadcrumbs, salt and pepper in a separate shallow dish.
- Dredge the croquettes through the eggs, then the breadcrumbs and place in the air fryer basket. Air fry for 15 minutes or until the breading is golden brown and crispy.
Looking for a side dish? Try one of these recipes!