I wanted to think a little outside of the box today. Our awesome neighbor has a ginormous orange tree and she lets me pick from. I decided to make us all Crispy Citrus Dijon Chicken Thighs with rice and brussels sprouts.
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, orange zest, salt and pepper. Place the chicken on a baking sheet lined with a rack. Pulling the skin back from the meat, add a dollop of the compound butter and spread in an even layer.
- Place the skin back over the meat and bake, uncovered, for 8 minutes or until the skin is slightly golden.
- Reduce the heat to 325°F and continue to cook until the internal temperature reaches 165°F and the juices run clear; about 20 minutes for boneless or 35 minutes for bone-in.
- Meanwhile, heat a saucepan over medium heat and pour in the sauce ingredients, minus the cornstarch and water. Bring to a boil and reduce to simmer.
- In a small bowl, combine the water and cornstarch, then pour the slurry into the saucepan and whisk until thickened. Taste and season accordingly.
- Slice the chicken and serve over rice with a drizzle of the sauce.
Looking for a side dish? Try one of these recipes!