I found a really good deal on chicken drumsticks so I snagged a pack. The meat was so incredibly tender and delicious! This recipe would also work great with chicken thighs or wings.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Rinse the chicken and pat dry. In a small bowl, combine the spices for the chicken and mix. Add the blended spices and the chicken to a gallon sized ziplock bag and toss until evenly coated.
- Place the chicken on a baking sheet, skin side up, and bake for 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a large saucepan over medium heat and add all of the sauce ingredients minus the cornstarch and cold water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes.
- 10 minutes before the chicken is done, whisk together the cornstarch and water. Pour the mixture into the saucepan and continue to whisk until thickened.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and use a basting brush to coat the chicken with the sauce. Garnish with sesame seeds or chopped scallions.
Looking for a side dish? Try one of these recipes!