Anyone ready for a carb load? The red and green make it festive and Christmasy! These were a major success with Andrew polishing off half the batch in record time.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place each of the potatoes on a small sheet of aluminum foil and drizzle olive oil over top. Season with salt and pepper and wrap the foil tightly around the potatoes. Bake for 60 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, Heat a dutch oven over medium-high heat and add a drizzle of oil. Brown the turkey until no longer pink before draining. Add the vegetables and sauté until tender.
- Pour in the tomatoes along with their juices and add the seasonings and herbs. Cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer for an 1 ½ hours.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and remove the top 1/4” of potato. Using a spoon or melon baller, scoop out the flesh of the potatoes and place in a medium bowl. Add cream cheese, green onions and seasonings to the bowl and mash until smooth.
- Spoon the filling back into the potato skins and top with the Mexican blend cheese. Bake, uncovered for 20 minutes, or until the cheese is golden brown and bubbling.
- Serve the potatoes with a healthy scoop of chili and a sprinkling of cheese.
Looking for a Main Dish? Try one of these recipes!