This dish is perfect for a cold winter day! It’s hearty, healthy and packed with flavor. You can use ground pork or beef instead of ground turkey with great results. Turkey is what I happened to have in my fridge and it didn’t disappoint. My husband absolutely loved it!
- Add the meatball ingredients to a large bowl and mix until combined.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and form the meat mixture into 30-32 – 1” meatballs.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat and add a drizzle of olive oil. Sear the meatballs on all sides then transfer to a baking sheet. Bake until the internal temperature reaches 165°F; about 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add another drizzle of olive oil and sauté the vegetables until tender. Scoop in the garlic and continue to cook until fragrant; about 2 minutes. Pour in the canned tomatoes and chicken broth then season with the remaining salt, pepper, Italian herbs and garlic powder.
- Cover and simmer for 10 minutes before adding in the pasta and meatballs. Cook until the pasta is al dente; about 12 minutes.
Looking for a side dish? Try one of these recipes!